Monday, November 20, 2006

Guatemalan Diet Plan

If you are looking to lose weight I say travel internationally. You might want to skip traveling to New Orleans first, because then you might only be losing the weight that you put on during your tour of all the New Orleans restaurants. But as far as diet plans go I don´t think any beat the puking fest/dehydration day that I had last week. My dear lord. Who knew a person could puke so much? I did not. Nor did I really ever feel like making such a discovery. But discover I did. For travel is nothing if not a time of discovery.

Oy.

I am feeling much better now. And my tongue is no longer black. I think that is a good thing. I´m not entirely sure what a black tongue means but I don´t think it is a sign of good health.

We went on a trip this weekend to some waterfall/pool thing. It was beautiful. We swam in the clearest water I´ve ever seen. I´m sure we all have malaria now as a result, but it was totally worth it.

In four more days I will be home. And I will be very happy to see my bed, and my couch and me TV and my shower and my washer and dryer. And sushi. I think I miss sushi the most.

4 comments:

Patricia said...

a black tongue? that really doesn't sound good. and you were not cooking, correct? i hope there are pictures. of the waterfall and the black tongue.

oh, and you forgot to list us among the things you miss but we all know that it was only a slip of the black tongue and we forgive you.

safe travels home.

Anonymous said...

Black tongue...isn't that from saying "OY" in South America?

:-)

Anonymous said...

Now you know how I feel EVERY time I travel! Just sayin'.

I can't wait till you get home. My life has been a lot less random in your absence, if that makes any sense.

tornwordo said...

Sounds like Montezuma got him(her?) some revenge. But the clear water pool thing, what a gift eh? Can't wait to hear more about your trip.