Thursday, November 23, 2006

God Bless America

I am on American soil. I love American soil. American soil has ice that I can drink and toilets that flush and Mountain Dew. God Bless Mountain Dew.

There are a lot of things to be thankful for this holiday. Most of all I am thankful for the amount of food I will be able to identify and then eat tomorrow. I am most thankful for the fact that my family agreed to put off Thanksgiving for a day so that I can partake in the mass eating that needs to be done in order to assert my love of my country. And my love of all its food.

We made some videos so far along our trek. My good lord do we look good. We were much cuter in Guatemala, where things take on a slightly less groomed appearance...






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME!!! I've been thinking about you and your safe return. Glad to hear you're doing the Dew and flushing it too!

Anonymous said...

it's amazing that it takes a trip to a Third World country to make us appreciate plumbing. Welcome home. I can't quit you.

tornwordo said...

Love the vids! White babies rule! lol.

Patricia said...

i dunno, you looked pretty darn cute even while traveling. which is never the case with me.

i'm glad you're home. and so are the makers of mountain dew and bagged salad. or did the whole botulism thing put you off that stuff?