Monday, February 26, 2007

Day 2

This is the first time I’ve been able to get on the internet in two days. I unheart the internet situation in BFE places. I have this little wireless internet thingy on the side of my computer. I am paying Sprint a handsome fee so that they can provide me internet via this thingy. I spent the better part of today cursing Sprint and said thingy.

I am better now.

I have found a place on the road that actually has a connection. We just sat for an hour on the side of a road, using internet and loving all technology.

So far things are going smashingly.

We are in Chico today and tomorrow, then up to Oregon. Apparently there is snow in Oregon, so who the hell knows how that part of our adventure may go. Do you suppose there is wireless internet in the snow? I hope.

Yesterday I was on a TV show in San Fran. When I was waiting for my turn I noticed another guy waiting as well. And I noticed the book he was holding. The title is “A Long Way Gone”, I think. I’ve seen the book. It’s in Starbucks. It’s about a child soldier in Africa who was made to fight wars and do inhumane horrible things that shattered his innocence and his soul. The guy holding the book? He was the guy who wrote the book. The show I was about the be on? The same one he was going to be on. The person following the heart-wrenching story of a childhood stolen? Yeah, that would be me.

“Uh, yeah, so I didn’t really kill anyone or have my innocence stolen. BUT! I did once drag my leg 13 miles. Oh, how I’ve suffered.”


Today I was on another morning. Seriously, with the morning shows. I am going to be famous someday. And when I am? I will have a LATE NIGHT SHOW. That tapes LATE AT NIGHT. This morning I was up at 4:45 am. I drove 40 minutes both ways for a 3 minute TV segment. I was back in bed by 8 am. My life has gone off-course.

We are trying to figure out ways to post the different media that I’ve done. Funny thing, I’ve done several 2, 3 and 5 minute segments, and then two hour long radio shows. Quite a difference...

It’s only day two. And I think I’m tired of hearing myself talk...


tornwordo said...

Sounds like high adventure. Enjoy!

Patricia said...

i saw that guy on the daily show, i think. very tough act to follow indeed. good save with the leg dragging thing. and now you can add to this the torture of intermittent internet access.