Thursday, March 16, 2006

Very Much Tired

Me: We need a new picture of you for your mail piece.
Client: I don’t really want to take a new picture. They said I was going to have to shave my beard, I don’t want to.
Me: I don’t care if you where a donkey on your head, I just need a new picture, because the design calls for a shot of you outside and all we have is a cut-out of you pasted on a picture of a park in Nevada somewhere. It’s not working for me, it looks a little weird and might not reflect very well on you if it seems as though you can’t even be bothered to go stand outside in the community where you are running for office.
Client: That’s a good point. When do you want to do the photoshoot?
Me: Whenever is good for you.
Client: My day is really busy tomorrow, let’s see, oh you know what, we can go first thing in the morning, before I come into the office.
Me: Morning?
Client: Yeah, do you have anything scheduled then.
Me: (Does sleeping count? Probably not.) Nope I’m wide open in the mornings.
Client: Great! We’ll meet first thing in the morning before I go into the office. That will be a great time!
Me: Best time ever.
Client: I’m so glad you made the point about the picture being bad.
Me: Oh me too. But now that I think about it, nature is overrated...

FYI: When you normally go to bed at 4 or 5 a.m. it is quite difficult to explain to your body that it is time to go to sleep at midnight instead.

More FYI: 2 hours of sleep leave me no brain power with which to write anything today. So I will instead offer you this cartoon that my father cut out for me. (click on it to see it bigger)



He thinks he is funny because I am trying to buy a house with poop credit and am finding out why my parents recommended that I actually pay my credit card bills when I was 19 years old. My father is not funny. This cartoon is not funny. I have a little less facial hair than the guy in the cartoon, but unfortunately that is about the only difference between the two of us.

2 comments:

Chunks said...

Poop credit! Poor Dawn! I hope you got rested from your out-of-routine happenings. Sleep deprivation sucks.

Patricia said...

my mom sends me comics all the time. i've given up on being insulted that my life resembles the funny papers.