Thursday, December 21, 2006

Tis the Season

I changed the layout of my blog. Damn Blogger has been all up on me for months to change over to the new blogger. So I finally did. I am hesitant to change over to newer versions of things because a lot of times they have bugs. And I do not have the patience to deal with bugs. I want things to work the way I want them to work, I do not want them to freeze up and die because some computer dork somewhere decided something needed to be “upgraded”. And by “upgrade” he meant “add more bugs”.

So then. I updated to the new version of blogger. So far it’s only frozen 4 times. Not bad.

And then I changed the template of the blog, cause I’m wacky like that. I do not want to admit how long I just spent changing the template. As if this change really had some sort of impact on my life. I tried out several and settled on this one. I almost went with one that said it was “rose” colored, but in too many parts it was actually “pink” colored. And I don’t think I’m quite ready for a pink blog. I’ve just recently made my way out of my all black/all the time phase, so we may be years away from the embracing of pink. I’ll keep you updated.

Other than that there is very little news to report. I’ve still made pretty much no headway on my Christmas shopping. That’s okay, right? I actually had to kill some time while a friend and I waited for a movie last night and we made the grave mistake of wandering into Walmart. Wow. That is sure an interesting place to wander a week before Christmas. At one point my friend looked at me (while I was pushing a button on a dancing, singing hamster/maybe squirrel thing and dancing along with it) and he said, “Do you realize you are the only person smiling in this whole store? No one is happy here.” “Well, that’s because these hamster/maybe squirrel things are not out in a more obvious place where people can play with them. I mean, it’s singing Macho Macho Man. And he has chest hair!”

I dunno people. I want to be holly and jolly, I do, but it’s all so manufactured. I LOVE buying presents for people and giving people gifts, it is so much fun. But this time of year is the only time of year where you can hand someone a gift and actually make them feel bad, because they didn’t get you one, or they didn’t get you as good a one, or whatever. There is something wrong about that.

But there is something right about giving people a singing hamster/maybe squirrel, so everyone on my list is getting one of those. That will gaurantee that no one feels bad when I hand them a gift this season.

5 comments:

tornwordo said...

I like the new layout. I was all ready to switch this morning, and then when I signed in, it didn't prompt me to switch.

Walmart a week before Christmas? I can't think of a more hellish place, lol.

Patricia said...

i'll bet the shit bitch bear would love the company of a dancing, singing hamster/maybe squirrel thing. perhaps the ceramic dog would like one, too. i hope you've included them on your list.

be holly, be jolly, and if others can't deal with it, pluck 'em.

Anonymous said...

Did we get a picture of your Moms dog for Christmas yet? I hope I didn't miss it.

I totally understand about your reference to Christmas being so manufactured. It is sad that many people have fallen into the "rut" and do not know the way out. (Ladders on isle 7)

Yet I believe in the end, many will find something. Even if it is but a small glimmer of Christmas. Well at least I hope so.

PS: The signing hamsters crack me up too. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the new layout!, very slick. I am amazed as well that you were in Wal-Mart during Christmas week. I was there several years ago during Christmas and I remember the aisles looking like someone had ramsacked them, like a mob was looking for evidence in a Scorcese movie. It was brutal. I vowed to stay away since then. But they didn't have singing hamster-squirrels then either.

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! -- From us ('the wishor') to you
(hereinafter 'the wishee'),

Please accept no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all…and a materialistically successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects whose contributions to society have helped make America great (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "AMERICA" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that: this greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal; This greeting is freely
transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged;
This implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others; This greeting may not be enforceable in
certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor; This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first; The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor; Any references in this greeting to 'the Lord', 'Father Christmas', 'Our Saviour', or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in
any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged. Any and all disputes arising out of this holiday greeting shall be resolved by
arbitration, under the auspices of the Holiday Dispute Resolution Panel. The Holiday Dispute Resolution Panel is a not-for-profit, non-denominational, non-secular, non-sectarian, nonjudgmental, disinterested, asexual, non-sequitur body of independent, unaffiliated persons and non-persons.