Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sushi Place Randomness

I went to sushi tonight with a friend and we went to this trendy place in town. I like the sushi there, but I’m not a huge fan of how cool everyone thinks they are just because they are eating sushi there. I refuse to go there Thursday thru Saturday, because everyone is even more annoying on those days.

One sign of the pretentiousness of this place? They have ads in their menu. This is ridiculous. I took pictures. My friend died a small death when I whipped out the camera and took flash photography of the menu, but she’s known me long enough to be used to being at least sorta embarrassed every time we hang out. It’s kinda a tradition.
Really. Do we need to have Real Estate ads next to the children’s menu? I think no.

This is one of my favorites. It’s got a bunch of smiling people who owe their fabulous smiles to this one dentist guy, “God, everyone in this restaurant has better teeth than I do, I wish there was something I could do about that- oh look! Here’s a guy who can help me! Right next to my sushi rolls!”

And then.

I went into the bathroom.

I might have issues with taking photos in the bathroom. It’s something I might want to deal with at some point. This time I’ve actually graduated to taking video in the bathroom - I need help.

I was going to just take a picture, but I wanted you to fully appreciate what I was trying to show you. But then I was so paranoid about someone walking in I took the fastest video ever and you can’t even really tell what you are looking at. So I’ll explain it.

There is a bathroom. It has two stalls and a couple of sinks. It is a very tiny bathroom. And yet. It still has a huge exit sign by the door. What? Were there people just going into the bathroom and never coming out because they couldn’t figure out how to maneuver their way out of this very tricky bathroom? “Uh, there are three doors in here. But I think only one leads back to the restaurant. I’ll try this one first- Oh damnit! It’s a toilet. How about this one- Geez! Foiled again! If only they would post some sort of SIGN, preferably with LIGHTS, that would save me so much time in here.”

My favorite part of this video is the part where I hear a noise and quickly try to hide the camera from whoever might be entering the bathroom. See, I’m not completely crazy, I know enough to hide the camera if I’m taking videos in the bathroom...

4 comments:

Patricia said...

i don't comprehend advertisements in a menu. it makes me think the food isn't good enough to sustain the restaurant.

but the video. oh my. the haste with which you scrambled to hide the phone was the best part. thank goodness for that exit sign. you might've be trapped in that restroom forever.

Anonymous said...

Haahahahhahahahahha that made me laugh so hard!!!!

You are crazy and need to move to Canada so we could become friends and I could laugh every day at your antics.

I took pictures of a bathroom stall door when I was on holidays and thought, "This is something Dawn would do!" hahahah you kill me! Don't ever change!

TV Fan said...

Thank you for making laugh so hysterically! :) You seriously need to take more videos in bathrooms. Wait that sounded wrong... you know what I mean. :)

tornwordo said...

My friend was totally mortified when I took pictures of the food we were served. I don't get it? What's wrong with taking pictures?

I haven't had the cojones to film IN THE PUBLIC BATHROOM but kudos to you, lol.