Friday, August 05, 2005

Pictures Are Worth A Thousand Words

So I really have nothing to say today. Not even about TV. Can you believe it? You might want to mark your calendars as the first (and most likely last) day that Dawn has fallen silent.

But I wouldn’t want to leave you blog-free on this Friday. That would be a horrible way to send you into your weekend.

I got a digital camera a while back and I’m not quite sure how exactly I functioned without it for all these years. (The 10 undeveloped disposable cameras sitting on my desk might be a little bit of a clue as to what I did without a digital camera) Anyways, I thought I would share some pictures I’ve taken over the last few months. Some of them are related to previous blogs, some of them are related to how entertained I am by digital cameras.

Here they are in no particular order:

First up is the dog on my parents’ porch. It’s a ceramic dog. It’s holding a welcome sign. It’s dressed up like Uncle Sam. My mother enjoys mail order catalogs as much as I enjoy digital cameras.

A few weeks ago I talked about how I never throw anything out. This is proof. My friend bought me this snack food when he was in New York like two years ago. It is a chocolate covered Twinkie, which makes it the perfect food in my opinion. Apparently you can only get these on the east coast, so he picked some up for me. And because you can only get them on the east coast I was saving this one for just the perfect moment, because I didn’t want to waste it. Two years later…You know how they say that Twinkies last forever? Yeah, well, chocolate covered ones do not. Lessons learned every day.

This is the funniest card I’ve ever seen. And truer words have never been written.

Does this seem wrong to anyone else? Not that fact that I’m taking pictures while I’m driving. Or the fact that I am tailgating (while taking pictures, while driving). But the fact that this Driving School offers ONLINE Driver’s Ed? What, is it like a video game?


Ahhhh, Crunk!!! (with three exclamation points). Never have I been so high as when I drank two Crunk!!!’s in one day. I think I still have my nervous twitch. Now I know what the secret ingredient is though – Horny Goat Weed. Is the goat horney? Or the weed? Oh and I was like a cross between Speedy Gonzalez and Richard Simmons after drinking this thing - there is definitely no weed in it.


This is a bachalorette whose liver is being punished because she decided to get married. That’s a shot of tequila. Being chased by a beer. I titled this piece “Best Idea Ever”. It is part of a series which also includes “Puking Your Brains Out” and “Dawn Will Be Your Designated Driver”.

I bet you were worried about Fido getting hot with his patriot hat on in the summer, huh? Don’t trip, he’s all taken care of and is all ready to have some beach blanket fun. If only he could get off that damn porch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that you are using your camera. It should become part of your regular postings! However, more pictures of you would be appreciated. For example, it would have been funny to see you in your dress in the sprinklers on the cell phone waiting for a truck to show up; or pics of the drink girls squishing in the back seat of your car; you get the idea...

Anonymous said...

I love the ceramic dog. My grandmother would kill for that, haha.

dawn said...

your grandmother can have one for the bargain price of $19.99*




*additional outfits sold separately.

Patricia said...

omg she dresses the Welcome Dog to correspond with seasons and holidays. she does, indeed, have time to adopt me. i'm off to draw up the papers right now, sis.