Friday, September 02, 2005

I Heart Computers

Uh, it’s 6 a.m.

I haven’t gone to bed yet.

Cause I’m leaving for the entire weekend.

To go sit in nature.

And nature doesn’t have electrical outlets or DSL.

So I have to get a buttload of work done before I go.

But for that to happen my *&#$%@! computer needs to start cooperating with me. Stat.

My computer and I have been going through a rough patch the past couple days.

I think it is best that we are going to have a few days apart from one another.

Is it possible that Bill Gates has installed some sort of perception device in all computers?

And when it perceives that you really really need to get stuff done the computer takes that as its cue to blow the hell up?

Or just begin randomly throwing up error messages that no one without a phd in computer engineering could ever understand.

Or, my favorite, start moving at the speed of a processor from the 1970’s.

Cause all I have is time to sit here while the computer reevaluates its need to be of any use whatsoever.

Oh, I do so hope that I get to see at least 10 more of those progress bars come across my screen, mocking me with, “Yes, as a matter of fact I CAN go even slower.”

It’s a good possibility I may never come back from the nature.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uptown New Orleans - report from the frontlines
NO ANARCHY UPTOWN by Daisycat, 9/1/05 16:50 ET My brother lives uptown and walked from St.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a business opportunity site/blog. It pretty much covers business opportunity related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Have fun in nature! I just went camping a couple of weeks ago for four days and I can say, "Life without technology was WONDERFUL"!

Although watchout for the Dorito eating Racoons.

Anonymous said...

What's with the advertising on your blog? I can't believe it has found its way to BLOGS for criminey's sake...maybe that is part of your computer's plan to not cooperate with you; to start inviting random bloggers to advertise their "business opportunities". I think your break in nature is coming at a perfect time. You can write in your Kamping journal about your weekend then post it next week on your blog. That is, if your computer is working...

dawn said...

Uh, maybe visitors to my blog WANT business opportunities. I mean who doesn't really?

Anonymous said...

Can I promote garage sales here too?

Anonymous said...

Can we not blog about our weekend? I am scared! :)

Anonymous said...

While you are Camping in the wild this Labor Day weekend, (along with every other Califorian that thinks they can become one with nature if they pee in the woods), I will be watching several neglected DVD's, working on the computer with a new wireless router, resting in A/C comfort, going movie hopping and enjoying some Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. Have fun!