Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Cookies

I went over to my friends house tonight for dinner. What she made for dinner is unimportant. What is important is the fact that she made snickerdoodle cookies. I love me some snickerdoodle cookies. I have been friends with this girl for twenty some odd years and I think that the fact that she makes the best snickerdoodle cookies EVER is a very large reason that we’ve remained friends. I really can’t get enough of these things. I walked in for dinner, saw the cookies and just started eating them. I don’t think I’ve stopped since. Not only did I ruin my dinner I might have ruined ever meal for the rest of the week. And I’ve definitely ruined the hope of any other cookie ever living up to these cookies.

I was telling Cookie Friend about a horrible, horrible thing that happened while I was out on the road in the middle of god knows where. It must have been in one of the southern states, cause we were in the motorhome. While we were in the motorhome we ate a lot of meals in the motorhome, and we often stocked up on food whenever we stopped. The others bought real food and I bought junk food, because my system really doesn’t know what to do if it doesn’t have a certain amount of crap food on a regular basis.

Yet I digress.

So we are in someplace somewhere and I see a box with the word “Snickerdoodle” written on it. I get very happy and reach for the box. I become even happier when I see that the outside of the box has a picture of cookies that look just like Cookie Friend’s: nice and soft and snicker-tastic. So I buy the box and am so looking forward to scarfing it down as we bounce along the great highways of this land.

But then.

I go to open the box and what do I find? HARD cookies. What the? They were like little Nilla Wafers with a little sugar on them. Is that even legal? To put a picture on the outside of something, very clearly indicating that that is what is to be found in the box, and then instead putting in a completely different product?! What kind of crap is that?

Since that time I’ve been craving snickerdoodles, real snickerdoodles. Which is why I haven’t stopped eating them tonight since I got my little hands on them. I’m not quite sure what effect of 400 cookies will have on my intestines, but I’m sure whatever it is it will totally be worth it.

In other news I thought I’d make a little list of the movies I’ve seen lately, to give you an idea of how little I’ve been doing since I got home. Something about being on that road for so long (without cookies to keep me company) has made me very hesitant to ever leave my couch again.

Blood Diamond
Volver
Goal! The Dream Begins
When the Levees Broke
V for Vendetta
Rocky 85 (I actually tried to watch this two times and it just refused to get interesting, so I turned it off (by the way, what the hell is wrong with Sly Stallone’s face? People need to stop with the face surgery))
The Prestige
The Heart of the Game
Deliver Us From Evil
Who Killed the Electric Car?
Half Nelson
Stranger Than Fiction
Shut Up and Sing
Jarhead
Come Early Morning
Sherrybaby
The US vs. John Lennon
Jesus is Magic
The Last King of Scotland
Freedom Writers
For Your Consideration
Dexter (TV Series) (The entire series) (I need a hobby)
Fracture
Waitress
Shrek 3 (with the 11 year old)

5 comments:

tornwordo said...

I remember snickerdoodles as a kid. I remember I couldn't stop eating them once I started. Good luck maam.

Chunks said...

What is a snickerdoodle?

TV Fan said...

There used to be this cookie stand right across from the Market Square Movie theater that had the BEST SNICKERDOODLES!! I think I almost cried when it shut down.

So which of the movies do you suggest?

Patricia said...

that's a lotta cookies and a lotta movies. me, i'm not such a fan of the snickerdoodle, except for the name. it is a classic name. but not quite "busy" enough for my taste.

as for the movies, i've only seen one of them. clearly i need to get on this.

Devo said...

Never had a snickerdoodle, but cookies do not like my tummy anymore, I think it's from all the years of cookie abusing, so be careful there. We need a rating system for the movies, rating from 1 thru 5, 1 being GREAT!!! and 5 being TOTAL CRAP!!!