Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I Heart July

Well, I’m back in cool California. It’s only like 100 degrees here. It’s chilly really. I don’t know if I can adequately explain how hot it is in Louisiana. Why anyone chooses to live there is beyond me. Maybe they think it’s normal to melt on a daily basis. Good lord.

I have returned to my life and I am quite pleased to find that it is a lot quieter than when I left it. June was a bit of a month, what with the elections and the trip planning and the book and the work and the weddings and the Vegas and the more work. July? Not much going on. There is a wedding. Of course. But other than that things seem to have a calm forecast. Now that could change with one phone call - so is the joy of freelance work. But for right now I’ve got a few projects going, but that 2 month panic attack I had in May and June has faded away.

I’m able to leave my house and not feel like a complete slacker because of the amount of things I should be doing instead of leaving my house. I had a couple meals that were able to extend on into rambling conversation, because I didn’t really have anywhere I needed to be. Every once in awhile it is nice not to have anywhere you need to be. I even went for a friggin’ walk in the park tonight. What the? Who walks in the park? Bored people, as it turns out.

So yeah, we’ll see how long my light work schedule and Habitat-induced calm last. I’d say two weeks max. But I could walk in the park a lot in two weeks, right? Maybe even take time to smell a rose or something? If I want to get crazy about it.

3 comments:

Patricia said...

today a walk in the park, tomorrow a nap. dream big dreams.

when do we get updated glimpses of your house?

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see that you are back on your regular schedule. Postings in the middle of the night instead of those rediculous day-time things. It must be nice to be able to be back up with the owls and asleep when normal people are up.

Glad you're back.

Chunks said...

Welcome Home Dawn!!