Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My Book

Shhhh. Don’t tell anyone, but my editor told me today that I am officially done writing the book. Halle-friggin’-lujah. She then said that I can now focus on my marketing and publicity. Which means I can now officially become famous, because I’ve finished all that prep work. I might want to get a make-over too, if I’m really serious about the fame thing.

You will notice the cover of the book to the right hand side of the blog. I’m sorry, but I have to start pimping this damn book to whoever is buying. And try to convince others that they should buy. This is my least favorite thing to do. I’m not so good at sales. I can make you something worth selling, but I’d prefer if someone else would sell it, thank you very much.

But while I do have other people trying to sell the book I must also try to do a little pimping myself. I will say that I am proud of the book and I think it’s pretty good for people looking to train for a marathon. I apologize in advance for the name. I wrote everything IN the book, not so much anything on the OUTSIDE of the book. The name of the book is “The NonRunner’s Marathon Guide for Women”. Just rolls off the tongue, does it not? It does not. The real name is supposed to be “From Recliner to Race Day”, but in a moment of weakness I agreed that we could change it. I’ve been told that the new title will get the book to more people. We shall see. Hopefully it will inspire the nation to take up marathon running. And more than that I hope it will just inspire them to think about taking up marathon running long enough to buy a book about it...

3 comments:

tornwordo said...

Congrats on the book! I liked your title better, but the publishing houses always think they are better with that stuff. (My uncle's book with a two word title was changed to "What I've always known, Living in full awareness of the earth" So easy to remember eh?)

TV Fan said...

Congrats! Very exciting! Well it's a cute cover even with the name change. I will add it to my Amazon Wish List. ;)

Chunks said...

I want the book but I want it signed by the author. How does one go about doing that?! I would actually like a few copies. I would like them for Christmas. Will it be out by then?

I want a lot, don't I?

When someone I "know" writes a book, well, I want it!