Friday, June 10, 2005

Have Blog, Will Travel

Today I am writing this blog from the set. I am now a mobile blogger, which is quite exciting. But then again I just sit on a set for 15 hours a day, and have run out of both Laffy Taffy’s and conversation topics, so it doesn’t take much to excite me.

I’m typing on my new laptop. I ordered the laptop from Dell a couple weeks ago in hopes of it arriving a few days later so that I might be able to get some of my design work done on set between the REEK REEK REEK’s of the ax murderer. (it takes like 40 minutes to set up each REEK) So I order the thing and then called the next day to inquire as to its delivery date. Of course it takes 30 minutes to inquire, cause I have to go through like 25 minutes of voice-activated menu selections to finally get transferred to someone manning a phone in Botswana. The nice Botswanian woman tells me that my computer will be delivered in three weeks. I am baffled by this.

“Aren’t you a computer company?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“How is it possible that it takes three weeks for a computer company to send me a computer? I’d think you might have them on stock. Being as though you are a computer company.”

She went on and on about having to build my computer especially for me. Trying to make me feel special, I guess. I did not feel special. I felt like the entire point of me getting the laptop was so that I could use it on set. And now the delivery date wasn’t going to be until sometime around the day of the movie’s premiere in theaters.

But apparently my computer wasn’t all that special, cause it showed up yesterday, a week early. It’s shiny and has a wide screen and even some buttons with letters on them. And it has Spider Solitaire. Oy.

I will definitely get right on all that work I have to do. Right after I finish blogging and trying to win a record 5 games in a row in Spider Solitaire. It’s important to have priorities in life…

No comments: