Friday, June 03, 2005

Opposites

Shooting nights this week. I just got home. It’s 6:30 in the morning. I actually prefer this schedule to the one that begins at 6:30 in the morning. Not a huge fan of productivity in the light a.m. hours.

My roommate is getting ready to go to work right now. I am getting ready to go to bed. This is not the first time this has occurred. We are very different the two of us. She’s blond, I’m brunette. She’s tall, I’m short. She’s positive, I’m cynical. She fills the refrigerator with things that require actual cooking, I fill it with Mountain Dew. She works out all the time, I watch TV and drink Mountain Dew. She reads Cosmo, I read Time. She says things like, "I don't feel well today, I'm going to go to the gym and run a little, that should help me feel better." I say things like, "I've never in my life thought to go to a gym in an effort to feel better."
She’s blond, I’m cynical.

The only thing that brings us together is our mutual love of sushi and Sex and the City. If it weren’t for wasabi and Carrie Bradshaw I fear we would have nothing to talk about at all. I’d just be laying on the couch sipping Mountain Dews while she did sit-ups and was generally positive about the world.

I wonder if soy sauce and Mr. Big could help the Middle East come together in unity as well?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie Bradshaw?

C'mon Dawn, that show was the exact opposite of what it was purported to be. In addition to glamorized life in New York, it was supposed to be about how chicks don't need a man to have a great life. And yet, in what was considered a "happy ending," all the chicks found their man.

Anonymous said...

I meant to write "ironic, doncha think?" at the end of that comment for the pop culture reference (and forgot to sign it)...sorry

Anonymous said...

You're great! I love it! Thank god for Sex and the City and sushi! What would life be without it? My fear of the roommate blogging comments have subsided! :)

Anonymous said...

I think a new show could be born of this blog, a new show about 3 girls that work at a Japanese restuarant and can't find the right man. It's called Sex and the Sushi and it will star Chipper Jen, Positive Jody ( I think that's the roomates name but am not sure) and Cynical Dawn. Chipper Jen and Positive Jody hang out alot because, they are, well, Chipper and positive. Meanwhile, Cynical Dawn provides much needed comical relief to the banter between the two and is constantly trying to bring them back to reality by insisting they are both entirely too chipper and positive to be living and to wake up and realize they work in a shushi restaurant and aren't even ethnic in any way (at least Cynical Dawn can pass for some kind of European race, be it Indian, French, Spain-ish, or any other cinnamon-skinned culture). Thus, weeks and months of hilarity ensue, with the two positive girls never getting their man because the show is actually written by gay men, and they don't really like women all that much anyway, so in the the end, Cynical Dawn gets all the guys, (including fellas like "Mr. always calls me", "Mr. Toe Chip" "Mr. Movie Buddy" "Mr. EMail" "Mr. guy who I can always call in a time of crisis and doesn't ask for sex in return" "Mr. Black Angus (cause that is the only place he eats)", "Mr. Smelly", "Mr. guy who loves me no matter how cynical I am to him" Mr. Gay and doesn't know it", and, not to forget, "Mr. so good in bed so he's too good for me"...but Cynical Dawn doesn't want them because she is too busy drinking Mountain Dew, eating Chevy's chips and salsa, watching tapes of "The Amazing Race" and "Extreme Home Makeover" and sleeping.

Anonymous said...

Wow......primetime person drank too much coffee and knows WAY too much information. Although funny, there is way too much reality to that comment! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Chipper Jen,

That wasn't a very chipper comment. That was...well...almost cynical! Have you been talking to Cynical Dawn lately?

Stay Chipper

PTL

Anonymous said...

Actually Positive Jody (actually spelled Jodi) was the previous roommate. She had to leave to explore all the smile-worthy things of the world (aka she bought a condo). Good-Natured Sommer took her place. My house now contains one Sommer and one Dawn. Could we BE any more sunny in here?

Oh, and as far as Sex in the City being about chicks not needing a man, I thought it was more about cosmos and oral sex jokes. Both of which are endless fun.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the blogger be a blogee :-)

Anonymous said...

Are you not going to tell us the movie you are working on or is it a big secret???
I love your blog by the way. Thanks for the laughs. I need to get one started too!