Thursday, June 09, 2005

I Really Have Nothing

I'm trying to come up with something to blog about. But I really have nothing. It's 3 a.m. I was at work till midnight tonight. All of the Laffy Taffy fun has ended. We are no longer deliriously laughing. We are now exhaustedly (word?) staring into space hoping that someone will yell "That's a wrap!" sometime before the sun comes up and we have to be back on set.

We have all moved passed the Laffy Taffy stage and onto the, "Oh my god I have absolutely nothing left to say to you" stage. It's not natural to sit with people for 15 hours a day. We as human beings just aren't equipped to carry on that much conversation. There’s only so much you can say to people and there is only so much you actually care to hear them say back to you. I've told all of my stories and I still have two more weeks with these people. And I don't have any time to go get any new stories. I don't even have time to read a paper or watch a TV so that I can contribute to stories about current events. Not that anyone else has any stories about current events. Unless the event is: “50 People on Movie Set Unable to Identify Meat in Catered Meal”.

It is as if we have been hermetically sealed into one of those bio domes for scientific purposes. Maybe someone is trying to study the eventual effects of locking 50 adults, 40 extras, 1 obnoxiously chatty actor and an ax in a room together for 15 hours at a time.

If we all go insane and kill each other please be sure to tape the news report for me, as I don’t have time to watch any TV right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, anyone who knows you would find it hard to believe you have lost the ability to converse with others. You are one of the most consistent talkers I've ever met. In fact, my answering machine has to go to the gym and do some carbo-loading every time you call, in anticipation of you using up all of its time. It's not like your messages are filled with nothing - they are the equivalent of your online presence. A machine-blog, really.

I think the truth is you've just gotten over these people and are ready to go back to your days of being the employee of the month at your self-employed job, going to Chevy's and watching your end of the season finale tapes. Especially "Lost". Are you really sure you want to make movies? Probably not. You want to write them, collect the cash, and see the money get spent on Laffy Taffy, Crunk Juice and disc-shaped objects.

dawn said...

I do leave tremendously kick ass answering machine messages.

I must say.

But the joy of answering machine messages is that people can't talk back to you. In real conversations you have to pause every once in awhile so that you can breathe. That gives the other people time to speak, which really ruins my whole train of thought.