Friday, October 28, 2005

Just Say No

I just went surfing the internet for a story to tell you about, something you really need to know. And what did I find? “Kate Moss Out of Rehab”. Because apparently this is newsworthy. Well, her checking out of rehab isn’t what was newsworthy, it was what led her to the rehab that sparked the interest of people. And by “people” I mean “complete morons who need to remove their heads from their asses”. Kate Moss is a model. Someone released a picture of Kate Moss snorting a line of cocaine. And havoc ensued. People (morons) were in an uproar because the woman was doing drugs. Am I missing something? Someone please explain it to me, would you? This woman’s job is to stand while people take her picture. Occasionally she has to alter between a happy face and a sexy face, but other than that she has no real job requirements besides merely being alive. Honestly, who cares if she is snorting anthrax, as long as she is at least able to be propped up long enough to snap a photo. I mean really.

Am I the only person who thinks it’s more than a bit bizarre that people seem to be really shocked that a model is snorting cocaine? The woman weighs 35 pounds, she had to have some help on that diet. And I hate to be the one to break it to Suburban America but people do drugs in this country. LOTS of them. Probably even more than they would do if they were actually legal. That whole “War on Drugs” thing? Basically just made up so that some cool TV shows and movies could be made about it. Drugs are everywhere. And not just on the corners of shady neighborhoods and up the noses of anorexic models either. Within about 2 hours I could probably have pretty much any drug I could ever want. And I don’t even do drugs, which I know you don’t believe, because I too only weight 35 pounds.

But my point, and I really have quite a few, is 1) Models do drugs 2) Get over it 3) Just Say No 4) But if you feel like saying yes, I might be able to point you in the right direction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to be the one to tell you this but not within 2 HOURS could you have any drug you wanted, but within 2 BLOCKS.!. Love Mom

Chunks said...

I think it would have been more newsworthy if Kate Moss would have been spotted eating a sandwich! It reminds me of the Kit Kat commercial where "if the male supermodel deserves a break, don't you deserve a break?"
(Do you have that commercial in the states, or is that some crazy Canadian version of comedy?)

(I've been reading your blog for awhile, you are damn funny, girl!)