Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Talkin’ Bout a Revolution

I like being here to inform you people of exciting things that are happening in the world that you might not be aware of because you do not shop solely in the frozen food aisle. Yesterday I gave you a heads up on Eyeball Push Pops but today we will discuss something REVOLUTIONARY! I know. It’s exciting stuff.


Apparently this frozen sandwich thing can be grilled in the microwave. And apparently this warrants the use of the word “Revolutionary”. It also warrants getting a trademark. Cause that worst thing IN THE WORLD would be if someone else made a grilling tray and tried to call IT Revolutionary, when in fact the revolution was well under way.

Now, this product actually lives up to it’s pitch and it amazingly is able to toast my bread and make a little sandwich thing. This is all well and good. But I don’t know if the word “Revolutionary” should be just thrown around willy nilly. Isn’t that kinda a big word? Isn’t this thing kinda not worth such a big word?

But the people at Lean Cuisine do not agree with me and are so damned excited about their revolution that they have chosen to mention it quite a few times on the packaging.

I guess once you go through all the trouble of trademarking something you might as well us the phrase, cause you are the only one who is legally able to.

And just in case you’re wondering - yes, taking pictures of my food is DEFINITELY a good way to spend time when I am supposed to be writing an entire book. Thanks for asking.

3 comments:

Chunks said...

What do you suppose that Revolutionary Tray is made from? Asbestos? Soylent Green?

Get out of that frozen food aisle Dawn and go hang out in the fruits and vegetables aisle. The stuff you're buying is scaring me.

TV Fan said...

Is it just me or does it look like the normal "place your pizza here" tray with some slits cut in it? If I'd known it was Revolutionary I would taken scissors to it awhile ago.

Patricia said...

i'm pretty sure this lean cuisine packaging is what john lennon was writing about.

You say you want a revoluuuuution...

this is gonna irk yoko something awful.