Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Walls

Today I went to look at the walls of my condo. Well, at the framing of the walls of my condo. Or something. I’m not quite sure why I went to look at the framing of the walls of my condo today, but the lady from the condo place called me and seemed to think that this is what people do when they buy condos - they look at framing of walls. I dunno.

So I called up my retired (bored) parents and we went to look at my walls. I’m still not quite sure why. I did get to wear a cute little pink hard hat though, so it wasn’t a complete waste of time.

Here is my condo:

It is a very open floorplan. I can’t afford actual walls, so they are giving this to me at a discount. At least I have a tub over there on the left hand side, that will be nice. Although it will be lacking in privacy a little bit, what with no walls.

Basically the dude pointed at my outlets and my cable and phone jacks and made sure they were where I wanted them. I said, “Looks good to me.” The only thing I was really concerned with?

This is the wiring for my surround sound in the living room. These are the things that matter to me. He was babbling on about outlets in the kitchen and I’m like, “Look, I’m never going to be in the kitchen, where is my surround sound?”

Here is a picture of me in my office. This is where I will spend about 90% of my time when I’m not enjoying the surround sound. The cool thing about this condo is that it’s got two bedrooms and then this little office space, which means I don’t have to waste my extra room on boring things like desks and computers. What I’m going to do with the spare room, I really don’t know. Maybe make it into a workout room. HA! God I’m a funny person. I’ll get right on making it into a workout room as soon as I get done cooking dinner in the kitchen.

Best thing about the condo? My parents and I walked from my house over to a strip mall thingy next door. In the strip mall? Sushi, Mexican food, Pizza, Starbucks, Togos and the list goes on and on. So I guess the question isn’t really what I’m going to do with the extra room, but what I’m going to do with my kitchen. I wonder if I can get surround sound in there too?


3 comments:

Chunks said...

Your new condo is gorgeous, I love what you've done with the place! heehee!

Isn't construction wonderful?!

TV Fan said...

As my mother often says, "I only have a kitchen because it came with the house."

Congrats on your place!

Patricia said...

how fun to see it being built. and the kitchen is necessary. what're you gonna do, put your salad in a bag and twinkies in the office?

i forgot about togos. much better than subway.