Sunday, May 01, 2005

Warm Springs, Bad Teeth

Didja watch that movie on HBO about FDR? It was all about how he got polio from some boy scouts and then couldn’t walk and then started a polio rehab center and found his destiny in politics and blah blah blah. It was really quite a great little movie. BUT what was up with Cynthia Nixson’s teeth?

She was playing Eleanor Roosevelt who we all know was not the most attractive of women. But come on. I’m hearing impaired, so I read lips. I find it next to impossible to listen to people with bad teeth. It drives me crazy. And Cynthia’s teeth were not only bad but they were fake, so her poor little mouth didn’t know how to get around them. It seemed like every sentence she spoke was a stretching exercise for her lips. In fact her lips were working so hard she had very little energy left to move the rest of her face. Therefore she simply went with a sullen/concerned look for the majority of the movie. One that required only the slight movement of an eyebrow occasionally.

I think I’m just bitter because Cynthia and her bad teeth make me yearn for my dearly departed Sex and the City. How much do I miss that show? So much. I know that everyone hates Kim Cattrall so they say there won’t be a Sex and the City reunion. I say kill off Samantha and have a kick ass reunion at her funeral. Killing off Samantha would be a small price to pay to get my Miranda out of the 1940’s and back into modern day. Because I guarantee that Miranda would have made so much fun of Cynthia’s ridiculous teeth.

No comments: