Thursday, July 21, 2005

TV

Oh my lord.

Another dancing show came on tonight. Man, are the people at the networks original. I can’t wait to see what celebrity crackhead couple they make a show about in an effort to copy Bobby and Whitney. The fun just never stops. How network execs still have jobs is an absolute mystery to me. That’s what they should do: have a reality show in which people compete to pick a TV line-up that doesn’t suck monkey balls. The one who wins gets to take over for whatever exec decided to leave Joey on the Fall schedule but leave Scrubs off. I think the guys in charge are confused because Joey has a laugh-track built in so the they think people are actually laughing during the show. They are not.

So anyways, sorry about that little tangent there, I don’t know if you’ve noticed from my blogs, but I enjoy TV. I’m a walking TV Guide, and have been since I was just a wee child. When other kids were reading Highlights magazines I was reading Entertainment Weekly and studying ratings and deals. Okay, occasionally I read Highlights too. But that’s not the point. The point is that I am fully qualified to judge TV and it’s perfectly rational for me to become personally offended when TV networks don’t even try to put on decent shows.

Yes, I know I should put down the remote and perhaps step outside every once in awhile. Pretend that I’m at least a relatively functioning member of society.

But who are we kidding? It’s hot outside, I have an air conditioned house with a big red velvet couch that is the most comfortable thing in the world, and one of the judges from Dancing with the Stars has, for some reason, turned up on this new Fox dancing show.

Society is just going to have to wait.

No comments: